Sunday, February 7, 2016

Wait a Minute


Can I have a minute of your time? That will cost you close to 10 million dollars. I am not a math major, but at nearly 5 million for thirty seconds of time during Super Bowl 50, that adds up to almost $10,000,000 a minute. What does that mean? It means you and your eyeballs are valuable. Without you watching the Super Bowl the advertisers would not be paying that exorbitant sum for access to your hard earned money. Even if the networks are lying about how much money they get, (why would television lie to you) there is still an enormous amount of time, money and energy involved in getting at your wallet or purse. Let’s say CBS gets as little as 4 million per thirty second advetisment. By my count there were 82 ads in the last Super Bowl. That adds up to almost one quarter of a billion dollars, or enough money to buy 1,217 average houses in Frederick County, Maryland.

With all that money spent did it have any effect? Are you going out to buy that Audi R8 Coupe for $115,000? Me, I’m a sucker for Christopher Walken, and I always wanted a Walken Closet, so I guess it’s the $21,000 Kia Optima for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment