Monday, February 9, 2015

Another One Bites the Dust



How important is it to you to believe your newscaster? A half generation ago the most trusted man in the country was Walter Cronkite the nightly broadcast news anchor for CBS. Now news casters have become the laughingstock of the internet.

Brian Williams “misremembering” of events while covering the Iraq War may well cost him his job. And believe me, it is one of the best jobs in American media. There is currently only room for three anchor positions in nightly broadcast news. His position has earned Brian Williams a net worth of $40 million and salary of $13 million per year.

Here may be some of the last words you will hear from the NBC News anchor, “In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions… As managing editor of ‘NBC Nightly News,’ I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days.”

You can read more about Brian Williams’s debacle in the NewYork Times.

By the way, according to a nationwide survey the most trusted person in America is now Tom Hanks.

1 comment: